Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Margarita, Tortilla Soup and Burrito c/o Fiesta Grill

On Saturday K. left early in the morning. I then went through boxes for a portion of the day before my father and I sat down and watched three or four episodes of the new season of Treme, which has a better pacing than last season I think ... though the musical interludes got tiresome. For dinner we went to Fiesta Grill in Cowan. I ordered a margarita on the rocks with salt. It was a little heavy on the sour mix, but still ok by me.
We both had the tortilla soup, which I liked and that Dad had never tried before and ended up liking as well.
I had their grilled chicken burrito with spicy sauce on top. It didn't blow me away, but the taste of the chicken was above average, which is what I had remembered liking when we went there last summer with Mom and H. and C. Dad ordered the Baja burrito mainly because I said I had liked it the last time, and a tamale on the side. He wasn't as fond of the liquidy cheese on top as I had been.
Pico de gallo is officially one of my favorite things. I want to get some ripe as ripe can be, beautiful red tomatoes and some of them I just want to eat alone, with maybe a little salt or mozzarella....and the rest I want to turn into a delicious pico de gallo, which I will just eat all the time. It'll be great. Foolproof plan really.
We took one of Cowan's secondary streets for a minute.

No comments: