Sunday, June 19, 2011

Found and Love

So actual progress - as far as consolidating and donating - has been arrested after dealing with my mother's clothing. Photographs and letters are simply going to have to wait. Though I am inspired to go home and more properly deal with the things that I have been saving and yet not using for some time. Among the papers was this email I sent my mother in May, 2001. A masterpiece it is not, but its sentiment is true. I'm going to break it up with some photos I found. The email heading was 'an early mother's day thought-o-gram' and then the writing was titled 'why i love my mommy.' No capitals because I was avante garde (bull).

i love my mommy cause she's so cute
i love my mommy cause she's so cute

i love my mommy cause she's not just cute
she's smart and funny and never locked me in a closet when i was little
i love my mommy cause she's smart
i love my mommy cause she's smart

i love my mommy cause she never hit me in the face or rear
i love my mommy cause whatever she did
she made me cool (author's note that is now in question 2011)

i love my mommy cuz i laugh like her
i love my mommy cuz sometimes (not all the time) i think like her
i love my mommy cuz she gave me space
i love my mommy cuz she didn't make me go to church
i love my mommy cuz she does judge my character
but she keeps her verdicts to herself
i love my mommy cuz she doesn't mind the fact that her daughter's crazy
self centered weird strange artsy fartsy driven and plain ol' bizarre
i love my mommy cuz she took me to the bus stop
i love my mommy cuz she didn't freak out when she came up to visit and i tried to make her smoke pot
i love my mommy cuz she let me sleep in her bed
i love my mommy cuz she tried to get me motivated
i love my mommy cuz she gave me an appreciation of getthing things done in a timely fashion
i love my mommy cuz she let me ride horses

i love my mommy cuz she so cool
ah, ma, you rule!!
But it's actually father's day. So Happy Father's Day to daddy-o!!!
One handsome son of a gun.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Wow I see so much of her in you.

The smoking pot reference made me snort out loud!