Monday, June 06, 2011

Vacation Drive

Last week I departed the Philadelphia area and headed south to North Carolina for a week's long vacation in the Outer Banks. On the Outer Banks? I got up and out the door by six, which really does have its advantages. Time moves more quickly when you start out that early. Or it does for me. Here are a few off the cuff photographs I blindly took once I hit the Chesapeake bridge, which takes you from the Delaware/Virginia side of the bay to the Virginia/North Carolina side of the bay. Obviously they would have been better if I hadn't been driving.

Two tunnels at least and a lot of dead seagulls (and one hawk) on the bridges. I couldn't figure out if this is because gusts of wind catch the birds off balance and then they're rammed by cars or ... well that's probably it.

No comments: