Friday, June 03, 2011

Dump Dinner c/o Sansom Oyster House

Weeks and weeks ago C. and I both came across Oyster House's 'Dump Dinner' Tuesday special and determined that we wanted in on such a feast of seafood. We made a date. It was at least two weeks in advance of our actually going, which was nice because it gave us something to look forward to. I forget what the beer special of the day was, but I had it. I also ordered two of the Delaware Bay 'buck a shuck' oysters for good measure.

So. The dump deal is this: a huge bucket of mussels, clams, sausage, crab and shrimp with potatoes and broth for $19. We made good progress through our shared bounty and I believe we left nothing behind except shells. I had forgotten just how time consuming and difficult it is to extract crab meat from the little legs and carapace and what not. Carapace? One more reason to love soft shell crab season...so much less work!
After that we went on a small bar crawl. First to the Happy Rooster and then to Good Dog.

No comments: