Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cappucino, Cherry Lemonade and Cherry Tomato and Corn Salad

With few hours of sleep under my belt, I awoke on Sunday primed to go to Manhattan and meet up with R. Though I've visited New York any number of times since our last Korean face-to-face, I haven't seen R. in a good three years. So it was good that we finally met up. Our original destination was closed, so we ended up going to this other place. Unfortunately I can't remember what it was called. Here's what I can tell you: I needed coffee and decided that I would have a cappucino. This was a very good idea. As was my further splurging on a cherry lemonade. R. ended up buying me lunch, and had I known she was going to do so then I might not have been so liberal with my beverage intake. But. Well. That's how it goes:)
Both beverages were delightful and did much to help me counteract the copious drinking I had done the night before.
I was tempted to try Mystery Restaurant's Nicoise Salad, but ended up being drawn to the cherry tomato and corn salad with lemon vinaigrette and queso fresca (or maybe some other Latin-like cheese?). It was definitely generous, but had a weird overwhelming sweetness I didn't totally dig. A little more acid and salt would have made it perfect.
It was great to see R. after such a long time, and I hope we manage to see each other again before another three years go by. Thanks to her for buying me lunch!

No comments: