Thursday, March 17, 2011

Beer and Small Backslides

So we returned from the beach, showered off the sand and salt, and took to the balcony for another Dragon Stout.
Now it's been three or so weeks since I started using the patch, and I don't want to sound like I'm completely rationalizing here, but I went from being a pack a day smoker to no cigs, and that is the ultimate goal. No cigs. But, honestly, it was vacation. So I allotted myself a maximum of two cigs in the evening. I wasn't even sure if I was going to give myself that leeway when I left Philly, which meant I didn't pack a lighter. People, for a smoker not to bring a lighter ON PURPOSE, is a really huge step in the right direction. Though it did mean that I had to buy this Jamaica lighter. When I went through customs there were only three things I declared: a toothbrush, a thing of coffee and this lighter. I probably didn't need to declare any of it, but I felt like following the letter of the law. Anyways. Above is a natural shot of me handing K. her beer. And below. Well, below speaks for itself.
I'm back to being good, just so you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Booo! Backsliding in Jamaica is for bob sledders only!