Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Korean c/o of Shilla Restaurant

On Wednesday I met up with a college friend for lunch. This friend is also pretty great. I, rightly or wrongly, attribute my sticking with/improving within the Bard photography department to her. One friend does make a difference and she was the one (I had friends in college, just not in the program and that was pretty lonely...nobody to ask questions to etc). She's a smarty so I met her at her smarty school and then went to Shilla for my first Korean meal. All the little starter plates were fun. The friend did convince me that I wanted Bim Bop...when I thought I wanted a kimchi and pork soup.

In the end I did want the kim chi pork soup. Though the Bim Bop wasn't bad it wasn't exactly what I wanted...it was cold on purpose and I was looking for something a bit warmer and with more potent flavors.
One day I'll do straight up Korean barbeque and, I predict, I will love it. I thank the friend for seeing me and buying me lunch!

No comments: