Saturday, March 19, 2011

Soup, Tofu and Seaweed c/o Su Xing House

After my return to Philly, I met up with my new friend G. for lunch. We went to Su Xing House, which was a first for me. I would just like to point out that the first line of the restaurant's description on its website is: "Go vege for a healthy life, an ad on the subway trains indicates going vegetarian is the single best thing that we can do for a healthy life." Because if it says it on a subway sign, it's gotta be true. I respect vegetarians up to a point, but I don't think that there's any 'single best thing' for almost any problem. What? I like what this woman says about her return to carnivorous ways. Anyways. The restaurant does have quite the lunch deal: tea, choice of soup, choice of rice, choice of entree and choice of side for about $8.
I started with the hot and sour soup, which was better than some I've had of late.
G. recommended that I try the General Tso Veg, which still featured tofu. I went with the seaweed side, which made me feel like my blood was getting stronger while also making me happy.

I tried some of G.'s Shredded Bean Curd & Shredded Bean Protein in Garlic Sauce and found its sauce to be quite nice.
Always nice to find a new place. One might ask whether they deliver. It'd be a nice addition to our work rotation during the busy season.

No comments: