Monday, October 24, 2005

Woo Hoo One Thousand Two!

I've been meaning to post a little snippet on the book I finished a few days back called Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland. This author also wrote Microserfs, an entertaining book about a group of Microsoft employees who defect.

Eleanor Rigby has nothing to do with computer nerds. It is about a lonely woman and how her life becomes a little less lonely. The ending is a let down, but everything leading up to it is pretty great. Read it.

On another note, thank you all for helping this blog reach its 1,000th visitor. If you like, you can pick up your prize (did I tell you there's a prize for being one of the first 1,000?) of either one Hershey's hug or a heaping helping of mashed potatoes by simply posting a comment and living in Chicago and maybe this isn't true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am desirous of these "mashed potatoes" of which ye speak. Shovel them into my Chicago-living mouth hopefully with a trowel.