Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Hostess But Not A Cupcake

Yesterday morning I walked home with three heavy bags of groceries. Wine, beets, milk and turkey all weighing heavily on my shoulders. I stopped a few times to readjust the load. The second time I stopped, a man came up to me and in a completely non-skeazy way asked if he could carry a bag for me. I said no thanks, I was fine.
This morning my shoulders are feeling the burn and I'm wondering what the heck was I thinking!? I think it was a woman pride thing and I think that's dumb and if anybody offers to carry a bag for me again, I'll gratefully say yes.


Last night I hosted wine night. I made an artichoke dip (see above). I worried that I had made too much, but by the end of the night it was completely gone.

The spread included but was not limited to: Saga Blue Cheese, Brie, Crackers, Melba Toast, Honey Roasted Peanuts, a Seven Sisters Coffeecake from Swedish Bakery and smoked oysters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great googily moogily, that spread looks devine. Will you send me a recipe for the artichoke dip? I would ask for recipes for the other things too, but they were purchased.

Mark Lamoureux said...

Wine night? The kids in my program still haven't gotten over PBR...