Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sushi c/o Indie Cafe

After a slightly more rousing episode of my Popular Art and Culture class (we learned all about Japanese pop culture) I met up with the boyfriend for sushi at Indie Cafe. Indie Cafe has both Thai and Japanese cuisine and a pretty nice selection of lunch specials. I had the spicy sushi lunch special: One piece salmon, one piece red snapper and one piece tuna along with three spicy tuna rolls and three spicy salmon rolls. I also had an order of tobikko and was very happy to find that it was a little zebra-like. By this I mean that it consisted of orange tobikko, black tobikko and (my personal favorite) wasabi tobikko all in one piece! The special included miso soup and seaweed salad and cost nine dollars. It was, shall we say, sushi-riffic...or we could not say that at all...except that I just did.

The boyfriend and I finished off the meal with a spider roll (fried soft shell crab, tobikko, cucumber and avocado).

No comments: