Sunday, October 02, 2005

Dim Sum c/o Furama Part Four?

Another successful visit to Furama. Though we were only two people, we got a pretty good spot in the large dining area. Had about six different dishes for a total bill of $15...that is insane.
This is the sign outside the bathroom. I thought it was pretty funny. I should now go to the grocery store and buy a bucket (in order to mop the kitchen and bathroom floors) and organic milk for my tea and Turkish coffee. But it's hot outside and I'm feeling a little less than inclined to take the (short) walk to Jewel Osco.

Ira Glass and Beau O'Reilly are having the 'Final Smackdown' (theater versus radio) in the Michigan Building's ballroom tonight. SAIC students get free tickets but are to have reserved them in advance. I called the reservations line four times and never heard back from them, so I'm trying to figure out if it's worth going all the way downtown. I mean, either I have a ticket reserved or I don't, but the fact that they never responded to any of my calls (including the one that said 'please please please call me so I know if I should come) does not instill confidence in the likelihood of a ticket with my name on it. Sigh.

Maybe I'll go buy a pair of shoes and have done with it.

No comments: