Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Wine Night Keeps on Kicking...Ass That Is


Another fully satisfying Monday night with writing students. Brie and sun dried tomato boursin type cheese on tasty crackers. I brought a bottle of wine called Little Boomey...solely because of its name.

This was a slightly dramatic wine night in that a)for a minute I thought I was lost in an alley
and
b)two guests had their car towed (but for a minute it seemed like it had been stolen) which, you know, SUCKED.

I also learned what the loop looks like at 1:30 in the morning (see above...Mom don't worry I was with two other people) and how much a cab from the loop to my house costs.

This morning I checked the Zulkey site and recommend everyone click on the title and read the full piece. But if you're too lazy here's a paragraph from the Zulkey.com site, written by a Red Sox fan (Chris Monks) due to a blogger bet:

That's why I got rid of my shed this weekend, actually. I'm not a penguin, but sometimes I like to dress up as one and I fear there would be tragic mix-up should the White Sox pop in for a visit. Not having a shed in my backyard anymore greatly decreases the chance of the White Sox beating the silly out of me. I suppose if they brought some tools and lumber they could build a new shed and then proceed to
beat the silly out of me, but I don't really think they have time for all that. The White Sox have other more important things on their to-do list, like taking the Angels out to their shed and beating the silly out of them. Incidentally, I understand that Bartolo Colon is a huge dinosaur nut, so it will be fun watching him run like hell to his mama.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: