Saturday, October 01, 2005

Birthday Party

After the salad and pizza I went to a writing student's birthday party. She had quite the spread, chips and salsa, brie and dill havarti, this spinach dip and five or six other finger foods...including cookies and banana bread. Unfortunately the flash made almost everything, including this spinach dip, not look as good as it actually was.

When I got home from this birthday party around 2:30 am, I was ready to go to sleep. Almost as soon as I put my head on my pillow I heard yelling outside my window. Being the snoop that I am I popped my head up and opened my window a crack so I could hear better. A man and a woman were having some sort of fight. And for a moment it seemed like I would be calling the police but then a third man came towards them and stopped. At first I thought that the two men were fighting over the woman, but then it became clear that the couple were friends of the man who walked up to them. There was some whispered argument and then the guy said:
"That's it I'm not having this. Deena (or whatever her name was) will sleep in my bed and John and I will sleep in the living room. Get your asses in gear, this is not kindergarten, I'm not having you two having one of your fucking domestic disputes in the neighborhood where I HAVE TO LIVE." The couple stood there a second then, very much like kindergarteners, trailed behind their friend still sniping at one another.

Today I am going to clean up everything. Woo hoo!

No comments: