Monday, October 24, 2005

My First Roasted Chicken

Last night I made my first roasted chicken. To be precise, I made my first herb butter roasted chicken.

Too much food for two people? Yes.
Leftovers for the rest of our natural born lives? Yes.
Feeling of accomplishment and ownership of bragging rights? Yes.
Desire to invite people to our house to help us not explode with chickeny goodness? Yes.
Along with the chicken I made mashed potatoes to feed an army,roasted vegetables (brussels sprouts, baby carrots and broccoli) and a red and yellow beet salad with a goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. Oh, and of course, fresh from the can cranberry sauce.


So last night's series game was pretty rough. The Astros were ahead, then they were behind and then in the top of the ninth there was a pretty amazing play that ended with a tied score. Then the White Sox managed to come back and win by one...the guy who hit the home run didn't hit a single home run in the regular season but has hit two in the series...weird.

Today the boyfriend and I are going to go get ourselves a couch...yes folks, you heard me, a C-O-U-C-H! I've never been part of the purchasing of a couch, new or old, so this is very exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where are you getting your couch? i'm jealous. i want a couch. i need a couch. do you need a couch companion for your shopping spree? well, i have too much homework to find a couch. sigh. good-o on the chicken, it looks very sexy. talk later, jk