Saturday, October 22, 2005

Neo-Futurism

After dining at Star Gaze, learning a new game (and sucking at it) called Ghost and playing a rousing round of Scattergories, the posse (yes the two guys with me were a posse) and I went to the Neo-Futurist show Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind.

I am not what one could call 'a theater fan' but these neo-futurists were a lot of fun. We arrived at around 11pm for their 11:30pm show and found ourselves at the back of the line. Eventually we got to a large man giving tokens, he looked at me and said this token was all important not to lose it because I looked like the kind of girl who loses things (true). Then following the crowd we went up a flight of stairs and into a large room (see above). Then after a few minutes a two guys came out and explained their method for people to pay to see the show. Their method is the best method ever. The tickets are seven dollars plus whatever number you roll with the die they give you. I rolled a six, so I paid thirteen dollars.


The show was sold out and when a show is sold out they order a pizza at the beginning of the show. The show attempts to do thirty plays in sixty minutes and last night they succeeded. There is audience participation in that the audience shouts out the numbers of different plays and hope to see them. I'm not doing a very good job describing this whole thing because I have yet to finish my first cup of tea...sorry. Anyways you should go.

Go Astros!
or
Go White Sox!
World Series...game one...be there!

No comments: