Saturday, October 01, 2005

Nancy's Pizza


My photo friend was in the mood for pizza after the sculpture event and, though I knew that my mother would comment on yet another cheese heavy meal, I agreed to partake. We asked her professor to recommend a place and he suggested Nancy's Pizza on Broadway.

Nancy's Pizza is a small pizza place with the pizza ovens and bar the first thing you encounter when you walk into the space. We sat at a booth and our waitress patiently waited for us to figure out what the heck we wanted on our pizza (green olives). She then suggested we have some sort of appetizer or salad, as baking a stuffed pizza takes close to an hour. We took her advice and ordered the Antipasti for one...which truly is enough for two and liked it very much. The pizza was cheesy and the green olives were a nice change of topping pace. Of the stuffed pizza I've had, this was the best. Although I think I miss the ease of eating a thin pizza and may go back to them.

No comments: