Monday, October 31, 2005

Shopgirl

Yesterday afternoon two neighbors, the boyfriend and I went to Landmark Century Theater and saw Shopgirl.

When I read the book, I was surprised how easily I forgot that Steve Martin was the author. I didn't even consider Ray Porter, a suitor of the shopgirl Mirabelle, as a stand-in for Steve Martin...but it seems that Martin did.

A sweet story about a woman working in a department store and how her life gets flipped upside down in a little town called...well, Los Angeles. It was funny, sad and charming. Steve Martin has huge hands and it's always a little strange seeing him do sexual scenes, especially when they're not funny. But it's not so strange that you can't get involved in the story. So I say, watch this movie...it won't change your life, but it won't make you mad that you spent money seeing it...and if it does, that's not my fault.

Also. Grey's Anatomy is a very good show. I hold it in high esteem.

No comments: