Sunday, October 30, 2005

Pumpkin Carving Party...PCP For Short

After the Lake Michigan walk and some down time in the apartment (I finished the Hornby novel I was reading), the boyfriend and I publicly transported ourselves to Logan Square for a pumpkin carving party. Our hostesses offered us homemade apple and pumpkin pies, an addictive salmon dip and other halloweeny treaties. A fellow guest contributed Harry Potter jelly beans which came in this range of flavors (I'm sure I'll miss a few): dirt, earthworm, sardine, grass, earwax, boogers, soap and spaghetti. Not one of the flavors was at all a pina colada type taste experience...I, the lover of all things seafood, had to spit out the sardine one.
When first invited to the party, I decided I would come sans pumpkin...but in the end I didn't. The above pumpkin is mine and is a fairly accurate depiction of all jack-o-lanterns I have ever made...in my entire life.
What else? The other night I watched Runaway Jury due to a long ago recommendation from a friend (who's no patsy) telling me it was far better than the previews made it look. I agree. The boyfriend and I actually had a decent conversation about gun control afterwards. I'm currently listening to holopaw, a band I got from a SAIC friend who had to put all her music on my hard drive in order to re-install software on hers, I like it...you should give it a try.

Daylight savings. Woo<---that's an ironic woo, not a heartfelt one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random Blogger, just looking at everyone's pumpkins. Very Well done.. Here are some pics of the pumpkins we made this year...

http://www.johnwilsondesign.ca/blog/?page_id=49

Anonymous said...

I am confused as to the lack of heart feeling regarding your "woo". Are you a person who does not appreciate an extra hour of sleep? If so you are a madwoman.