Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Wine Night...I Forgot to Take Pictures, Which Is Really Not like Me At All

These are the breakfast muffins the boyfriend was making for himself just moments ago...they looked so good I took one...greedy me.

Sorry to our host and hostess for being remiss at wine night. There were homemade cookies, a lovely plate of veggies and dip, not to mention (perhaps the best I've ever had) crostini (also homemade) and an excellent Trader Joe's spinach dip.

I hope the host doesn't mind, but he told a funny story last night and I'm going to try to recreate it...or summarize it.

When the dip came out, our hostess told us it was from Trader Joe's. I asked where the closest location was and then admitted I had never been. Other things were said, then our host told us this story:

A few years back he was in Wisconsin, where there are no Trader Joe's, but he had a friend in L.A. So one day he's talking to this LA friend and the friend says I just got back from Trader Joe's. The host asks what that is. Then the friend said (something to the effect of):
Dude, it's the coolest grocery store. You go around and put things in your cart then you go to the front of the store and there's this guy sitting on a throne with a crown, a cape and cane or whatever. So then, you make an offer for the food in your cart, like you'll pay sixty dollars for all the food. Then the guy on the throne either agrees and you give him the sixty dollars or he doesn't agree and he yells and pounds his cane and you have shop all over again!


Also, a new publication is in the works...names were being thrown around last night. I suggested Toilet Steak or Steak Toilet...Bunker seemed to be the forerunner, I was also partial to Just One Little Problem. We shall see.

No comments: