Saturday, November 26, 2005

Davis Street Fish Market

I have recently aged. And with aging comes movie watching and a nice dinner. The parents, the boyfriend and I went up to Evanston and watched The Squid and The Whale...which we all found wholly satisfying.
We then went to Davis Street Fish Market, also in Evanston (I don't think I've loved a suburb as much as I love Evanston...that's actually a blatant non-truth but I'm feeling pretty forgiving in my dotage). We all had oysters. So cold and fresh, oh my goodness. The father also had raw clams. There were also shrimp.
I had wanted sauteed soft shell crabs but unfortunately they're not in season (which I knew but was hoping against hope). So I went with a Maine lobster, oh so gluttonous, but you only age once a year. The parents also had lobster. The boyfriend had Calabash style calamari and tater tots...I really liked the tater tots.
Because of the whole 'being older' thing, I got a free piece of Key-Lime pie which we all shared. Very good, not eerily green and properly sweet and tart.
I want to be very clear here, I loved Davis Street Market and everything it offered. If you like seafood I highly recommend you check this place out.

No comments: