Sunday, November 27, 2005

Hawthorne Race Track

After dim sum we went to Cicero to see some horses run. Hawthorne Racetrack is, perhaps, one of the sadder tracks I've been to. Oh, that's too harsh. It was just a let down after this summer's trip to Arlington where everything sparkled.
The horse below ran in the second race. I bet on it. It came in dead last.
It was pretty sad, until the seventh race I was in the hole a bit. Not hundreds but more than twenty dollars. Then! Then I won a trifecta box as well as a straight win bet. The trifecta was worth 109 dollars. So I ended up very much in the red (or is it black? shoot, I really don't know...I ended up ahead?). I smiled a funny happy smile about it. I may have squealed.

Things about Blues Brothers:
a)I hate to say it but I thought it would be funnier.
b)I really and truly dance like Dan Akroyd in that church scene with James Brown.
c)The mother wished for less 'demolition derby' stuff.

I just finished a book and I'm still not ready to write my three sentences about it. I am currently reading The Devil In The White City which (that?) reminds me very much of The Professor and the Madman...Same non-fictional subject approached with novelistic tendencies...without actually becoming a novel. What?

No comments: