Saturday, November 05, 2005

Sushi c/o Kuni's Japanese Restaurant

The boyfriend and I went to Evanston today. For the last week we've been trying to find a set of drawers or some other storage option for all of our loose papers and crap. Tired of craigslist, I suggested we go to the suburban thrift stores for a change. We managed to get a nice set of drawers (picture will come in a later post) and two end tables.

We also had sushi. The boyfriend had the mixed Sunomono(below). The boyfriend says it was good and that he recommends it highly...it's like Chirashi Don, but with no rice.

I had a very reasonably priced spider hand roll (they were generous with the soft shell crab and that is fabulous), yellowtail/scallion/tobikko maki and ikura. Satisfied me to my very core.

We drove down a few side streets before heading home and were lucky enough to see this house. It's straight out of Sixteen Candles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey its me from joanna's party, the girl who brought the nasty jelly beans, owes you four cigarettes, and cab-rode him with you. your blog is great, it makes me super hungry and a wee bit jealous of how good the food is that you are eating every day. also i think the boyfriend (your) and the boyfriend (my) should get together--they seem to like cooking the same typa stuff. also, dont be alarmed but i am going to steal some lunch ideas from you. so if you happen to stop by the learning center and see your lunch from last week on my desk, its ok. i will have to join you at furama one of these days. happy slurpmunchgobblechewgulping.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to butt in but I must admit some feelings of a dubious nature regarding your implementing undergarments as storage options. I think drawers are more appropriate for covering the bathing suit area. Perhaps a desk or bureau?

Anonymous said...

well, hanlon reminds me of my old friend Chester Drawers.