Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Movies Of Late

The other night I went to my local video store and started an account. The video store guy was very nice...he's my new best friend...okay no he's not.
I watched The Perfect Man starring my (truly) bestest friend forever, Hilary Duff. It also starred Heather Locklear and Chris Noth. Not to mention a young actor whose name I'm too lazy to look up...he's in the mold of 'the cool artsy guy' who, for some reason, likes the blonde perky girl. Grr, blond perky girls.
This movie was stupendous. Complete with unnecessary lies and supposedly funny prat falls. My favorite narrative device was Hillary's blog/voice over. I think I will use it in my art history presentation. Charming. So very charming. Don't watch it unless you know you like this kind of movie. Also, Heather Locklear's face is frightening. The little sister character seemed to exist just to drop her mouth in surprise a lot...which she did...and not very well. Oh and Chris Noth is surprisingly not exactly like his Mr. Big character, though still charming.

I also watched Rock School. A documentary about the man who (I believe) inspired School of Rock. The guy, Paul Green, is fascinating. He yells a whole lot. He tells 9-17 year olds to love Satan and did I mention he yells a whole lot. We meet a number of the students at Rock School, including nine year old twins Tucker and Asa, Eeyore-esque Will and earnest/amazingly good at playing guitar twelve year old C.J. There are moments where the music is really bad, but the fact that there are two nine year olds dressed up like Ozzy Osbourne makes up for it. This one you should watch.

No comments: