Friday, November 04, 2005

Early Man at Abbey Pub

Okay it was a long night and I'm not sure I am up to a full report. So excuse me if my writing goes wonky on your ass.

First off, the last time I went to Abbey Pub it was for a burlesque show and the place was P-A-C-K-E-D. It was surprising to find no line or mass of people waiting for the doors to open...but eh. The first band had maybe fifteen people watching them, two thirds of these people were either in other bands or worked at the pub. Maybe I'm being harsh.

The boyfriend and I went to the non-venue bar for a beer and texted TBSEX(short for the boyfriend's sister's ex). We met up with him and asked him how the tour was going etc etc. At some point he mentioned the band's 'merch girl'. The name was familiar. By familiar I mean there was this girl I went to college with who shares the name. So I, jokingly, asked him if his merch girl was from Australia...to which he said yes. I looked at him funny...he has a tendency to joke and poke fun. I asked him if her hair was blond on top and dark on the bottom...to which he said yes. Then I asked him if she had gone to my college...to which he said yes. So this girl I had gone to college with (we weren't friends...I most often came across her on late late bar nights) was the merch girl. This was made more ironic (maybe not ironic?) by my choice of shirt (a college shirt) for the night.

This is what the college/merch girl had for a meal...that's not her that's TBSEX.
We ate french fries to soak up some of the beer.
This was Murder Your Darlings, the opening band, playing to very few people.
Early Man plays heavy metal. It's not ironic. It's not what I would listen to on a cloudy Sunday afternoon, but they are very good.


Once again blogger thwarts the glorious vertical pictures I take...these, I think, are very good rocknroll photographs.
After the show we went to Lincoln Park and to a bar called Frank's. It was what it was. I took a really awesome photograph of their drummer but I'm saving it for when they're famous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried to use the hints your friend Toby suggested for overcoming your vertical challengedness?

tobs said...

just right click. that's how i got a great shot of a burrito on my website. amazing.