Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Evolution of Class Field Trips

After the game the writing friend and I headed on down to Pilsen for our travel writing field trip. We met at a fellow classmate's house then walked around, stopping at the Mexican Fine Arts Museum, a small gallery, a botanica and Nuevo Leon Restaurant.

This is one of the art pieces in the small gallery. There was also a stop-animation film featuring similarly tiny little men.
At Nuevo Leon, the ten of us were divided into two tables. Fresh chips kept on coming. The salsa was hot. I didn't try a pepper, though I did like the carrots that were in there with them.
They also gave us tortillas with this bean/meat sauce stuff that was very tasty though I have no idea what to call it.
This was an appetizer we all shared at our professor's suggestion (she thought, and was correct, that they looked cute). Mini quesadillas with guacamole and sour cream.
I had cheese enchiladas with red ancho chili sauce. The beans seemed home made and the rice had more flavor than most Mexican joints' rice...I think this is because Nuevo Leon is more authentic than many Mexican restaurants I've been to...I don't know...I'm tired.

No comments: