Friday, January 11, 2008

Rib Plate c/o Piggy's Place Bar-b-que

On Wednesday my mother and I drove to Tullahoma to do a little shopping. I needed new brassieres and mom was interested in tiles for the back bathroom's renewal. The department store we went to was okay and it goes to show you how long it's been since I've purchased myself new undergarments but...seriously...$50 bras? What's wrong with the world? In my life I've never thought twice about spending $50 on a tasty dinner....but to spend $50 on a decidedly more practical and longer lasting item that few (to none) people will ever see? Well, I have trouble with that. How much does the average jock strap cost I wonder? I mean, Wal-Mart does have cheaper goods...but they're cheaper for a reason...mainly they don't fit right and are cheaply made. Sorry, all you boy readers, but I couldn't believe it.
After the less than effective shopping trip (Mom and I have rather different ideas about tile colors...she always goes for the brown...and I always go for the blue shiny) we went for barbeque at Piggy's Place. I'd never been. I ordered the rib plate with fries and green beans. There was something not so tasty about the beans but the fries and ribs were good. The ribs were not as fall-off-the-bone-delicious as the ones I had in Atlanta this summer, but still not so bad.

Mom was quite satsified with her pulled pork sandwich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the manager at Piggy's Place. I am glad that you came in to eat. I will apologize for the green beans not being to your liking. Sorry. I'm glad that you enjoyed everything else. I hope that you will visit us again whenever you are in the area. Thanks, Kim