Sunday, January 13, 2008

Veggies Ain't All Bad

Though a proud carnivore (who some times has a hard time understanding how people who have tried the glories of red meat, poultry and seafood could ever turn their backs on the lovely meat flesh) I am also a lover of vegetables. Especially when the begetables are not trying to be some sort of meat substitute. So two nights back when our dinner was sweet potato, salad and spinach I was happy. It was all quite tasty. I told my mother that I sometimes underestimate the flavor goodness of red wine vinegar. And I always think that I have a problem with sweet potatoes. I think my problem is really with pureed and/or overly sweetened or topped-with-marshmallows sweet potatoes. A little butter and salt and we're golden...like the potato!

No comments: