Monday, January 21, 2008

Chicken Dinner

On Saturday night I made rosemary stuffed chicken. It was not a complete success. Having approximated the weight of the chicken I assumed that the time it would take would be a good 20-45 minutes less than originally planned. This led to much checking, re-checking and confusion over why, in god's name, the chicken wasn't ready. A very impatient 14 year old also making the point well known (she was definitely right) that we were eating way, way later than any of us wanted to. In the end it kind of worked out. More rosemary should have been used.
Leftover chicken for lunch today was quite good though. I'll say that with impunity...mainly since I was the only one...except as I write that I realize it's not actually true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did that Crayola flesh-colored
Fiesta ware come from Hammer's like yours did????

cc said...

I don't know the answer to that question. I"m not sure I ever knew the beginnings of my now-retired Fiesta ware.

Plus I think it's actually yellow. or pink but not salmon.

Anonymous said...

The fiesta ware came from Old Time Pottery, in ManchesterMurfreesboro where ever it is.

The colors are actually pink, yellow, white and turquoise (not shown).

Does Hammers HAVE fiesta ware????

We are having so much fun.