Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Open House

On Friday we had an open house. Mom did most of the work but I contributed a few eatables: My always popular artichoke dip, with a little extra spice.
Stuffed mushrooms of my own brain making ability (pretty good though I'd do a few things differently).
And a bean dip. My mom made bread, quiches and other tasty treats I cannot recall.
It was not so fun to have to tell person after person that Key West was off. I was given two presents in honor of the move which I took anyway (a Tennessee Williams' play and eco-friendly bath wash and loofa-type thingy) because that's how I roll. Though I'll say this: if I had $100 for every time someone said something along the lines of:

"Oh to be 26 and have no idea what you're going to do next, that's so great".
or
"Every time a door closes another opens."
Well, I'd have about five hundred dollars or more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh hell being 26 again would be so terrific (hey, half my current age, ain't that a terrifying thought) but being 26 with a yanked job is just as scary and un-fun as any age with a yanked job. We are jealous of youth but some of us seem to have forgotten that fear is fear is fear and bills are bills are bills no matter what age one is.

But yeah, there in tiny town, uh huh I am thinking you could have racked up some cashola!

Pretty bread!