Saturday, January 05, 2008

New Year's Day

We went to a noon day New Years thingy. I ate my weight in fake cheese, cheap sauasage and potato chips. Oh yeah and ham. Mmmmm. Then we came home, drank champagne and watched football for the rest of the day. Wow Illinios, you kind of suck...I'm glad to be rid of you. If I had known how much you sucked beforehand, well, maybe I would never have bothered with you as a state in the first place. That's patently not true. I haven't used that phrase in a while: patently not true, patently untrue. I'm bringing it back.


2 comments:

supertaster said...

Happy New Year! Sorry to hear about the Key West mess but remember whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And oh how i'd like to be 26 again and wondering what i'd do next ... :-) Cheers!

cc said...

You know, I appreciate the sentiment. But oh' to be a 26 year old with no job and nine million people older than her telling her how lucky she is to be in the position she's in...doesn't change my reality: no job, student loans, no apartment, and no perfect experience situation in Key West.

I will not find any thing as good as what has been taken away. Or maybe I will but it won't be as good location-wise.

Sorry for the bitter. The open house two days ago and the many, many suggestions may have worn me a bit.