Saturday, January 26, 2008

Barbeque Pig and Beer c/o Natty Greene's

On my last Greensboro night I took my gracious hostesses to Natty Greene's Brewing Company for dinner. Since I'm about to wing away from the generally understood 'world of barbeque' I though I'd have me the Barbeque Pig. Since they're a brewery I thought I'd have a beer or two...and I did...it's amazing how I think something and then, it like totally happens. It was goooood. Tender pork with a sauce that did a good job skirting the line between sweet, vinegary and spicy. My belly almost exploded in my attempt to leave no piece of pork untouched. I had a Wildflower Witbier which was, perhaps, the best Belgian style Heffeweisseny kind of thing I've had in a time. Not too sweet with a wonderful, I don't know what it was, finish. Then I had a more proper Heffeweissen. It was fine and good but that Wildflower I'll remember.
Okay here I go to NYC where it will be decidedly busier, here's hoping I don't fall over with food com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed I am now a new convert to the hefferwiesey-ish (sp)beer. And the dinner was awesomely good. It is good to know that terrific barbeque can be found outside the standard bbq joints here. I was mighty and pleasantly surprised! Have fun in NYC, we miss you already!