Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oersters c/o Pearl's

Last week, in the local newspaper, Pearl's advertised a limited supply of oysters for dinner. The few times I've been to Pearl's, it has been for brunch. It's better food than most options in the area but it's never as good as the hype. Last night we went for oysters. We split a Caesar salad...which could have been so much better if they had simply committed to actually dressing the salad (when one only gets a mere hint of dressing on every fourth bite, well, that ain't so good).
We opted for fried as opposed to raw oysters. The presentation was nothing fancy and the marinara and cocktail sauces served along side of the oysters had much to wish for...but the oysters themselves were t.a.s.t.y!
My mother and I each had ourselves a 'Hot Buttery Kiss'. Then we went home.
Once home I continued barreling through the third season of Nip/Tuck. I hope to hardy hell that I'll get to know who the carver is tonight. It's the last in the season and I'm cutting off the netflix while I continue to be out of work/without home. Seriously though. I want to know. No! Don't tell me.

No comments: