Friday, January 11, 2008

Waking Up And Going to Sleep

Sleeping and walking around down here is mighty different than in Chicago. First off you can see the stars and you never hear a siren, drunken shouting match or your upstairs neighbors laughing. A few nights back I near a sound outside my window. I pushed my face up to the glass, cupped my eyes and stared out into the darkness. As my eyes adjusted what did I see? A little white headed skunk lookin' around the leaves and whatnot for something to eat, I would guess. Then two nights ago, for no apparent reason (no noise or anything), I sat up and looked out just in time to see a deer walking by lit my moonlight and the distant glow of our living room lights. It was quite magical. The next day I woke up to Sewanee's famous (to those who have been here) fog. So did Zul.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh hon this is lightweight fog, you can still see a tree at ten paces.

Wait for the extra deluxe late January early February fog, that can be some fog. Fog so damned thick the day stays the same color out your window all day, and so thick if you are not careful you really can run into someone else looming up at you at the last minute. Yep you can.

Altho with a drought, not a lot of clouds gathering together and deciding to sit on top of a hill.

We hardly ever have fog here. When we do I sigh and say oh wow cool fog, glad it is a rare thing and not a season.