Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rain

Yesterday's plan was a wee bit problematic.

The plan: Go to the MOMA for three hours 12:30-3:30). Meet up with college friend at Union Square and have drinks(4-6). Meet with hostess and go see movie(7-10ish).

Well, of course MOMA is closed on Tuesdays and I should have remembered to look into that. So, there I was, walkin' around with no plan (I hate that esp in nyc). Then the friend I'd be meeting up with let me know that she wasn't sure she was up to leaving the house which left me with even less of a plan. This all made me very annoyed.

But the end result was a nice lunch with a grad school pal and her gracious allowance of her space, time and wii. Oh my goodness, now I want to play Wii tennis all the time. Like, really, I want to get super good so I can serve aces. And maybe Guitar Hero too except I've got stubby, chubby fingers that lack dexterity...and I think maybe my eye hand guitar coordination is fucked.

Today I'm meeting another college chum for lunch. Then will have a number of hours of blankness before meeting yet another college chum for drinks at what she has called "a secret bar". I think I might go see a movie...like Atonement...or 27 Dresses.

Last night's movie was a sneak peek of Charlie Bartlett...now I don't think it being free had so much to do with the fact that I liked it and found it funny and that it did a good job of never turning into one of those movies that was straight up funny for the first half and then straight up depressing in the second....though more serious in tone, the second half still had a few laughs up its figurative sleeve. And the dude who plays Charlie Bartlett...he was also in Alpha Dog as the doomed kidnappee...and when I watched Alpha Dog I thought to myself, I thought 'gee, this kid is pretty good at acting.' Seems I can spot them. Perhaps my future is in casting.

Probably not.

1 comment:

Paul said...

If you learn how to serve aces, let me know. I can't figure it out. I also can't figure out how to stop my bowling ball from arcing left. In return for this wisdom, I offer the knowledge of how crush monstrous home runs.

Or maybe that part is self-explanatory.