Thursday, January 10, 2008

I-Pod Wearies

Yesterday my mother went to Tullahoma for any number of things. Then when driving back to the mountain we stopped at the dreaded Wal-Mart. I picked up a charger for my ipod that allows you to connect it (or any USB enabled device) into the gadget and voila! it's charged.

Except that in this case it ain't working.

The ipod says it's charging. It looks charged but if you disconnect it from the chargey thing its battery icon goes back to a sliver of a sliver of red.

What does this mean? Does it mean my battery is fried? Does it mean my cord sucks? It worries me since I'd like to listen to my ipod while traveling all about and stuff.

2 comments:

Paul said...

This same thing is happening to me based around my ipod, usb connecter, and wall plug-in. Only after two tries on my pc-ipod connection was I able to charge it. I have looked around a little online, and the general consensus is that this is a battery issue, and that Apple has largely held some sort of cruel monopoly on replacing their batteries, as only a few stores other than their stores will do it, forcing you to ship it to them via some arcane process I couldn't figure out, or go to one of their crazy stores. I also could not figure out if the cost to replace a battery is 60 dollars or twice that. Thanks, Apple web site!

cc said...

It seems that their 'battery exchange program' is really a 'give us 60 plus a fee and we'll give you a new ipod of the same make and model as your current one so in another two and half years, when your battery kaputs you'll do it all over again'.

Half of me thinks $60 for a new ipod wouldn't be so bad.

But at this point I wouldn't know where to tell them to send it. So instead I will have a soundless trip/s through multiple airports. Sigh.