Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We Could Be Aborigines...Minus All The Things That Make an Aborigine an Aborigine

Two or three days back my mother and I went on another walk about. We went out our door, into the little park/preserve behind our house and saw that one of the paths we would usually take was blocked...my a fallen tree...upon closer inspection the tree fell because it was dead inside...just like...well, you know, people. Then we went to the cemetary. Then we walked somewhere else and through a little pine grove.
Then we walked aside the golf course. Mom got overexcited about a golf ball. Then we walked to Green's View.
This is Green's View.
It may not look steep or big but it is.
It's not so terribly warm down here though I can only assume that it's colder where I last lived. Sigh.
Then we walked some more. Total mileage? About 4 miles.

2 comments:

J said...

Your hometown is very pretty.

cc said...

Well, thank you. Technically Silver Spring, Maryland is my hometown...but it's my dad's, grandmother's and great grandfather's hometown...so I would say it's more my ancestral hometown.