Sunday, January 06, 2008

A Moment For Good O' Media

So maybe tonight I did a little channel flipping. Who am I kidding, there is no longer any reason to pretend that I'm not a certified television addict. So the flipping tonight was massive: a little Desperate Housewives, a little Cold Case, a little American Gladiators and a little Cashmere Mafia. And what did I think? Is it wrong that American Gladiators (minus any talking of Hulk Hogan, Muhammed Ali's daughter or, for that matter, any of the contestants) was actually the second best? Well, maybe the best. Am I the only one who watched American Gladiators as a wee one? It was, according to my faulty television memory, on Saturdays, maybe Sundays, in the middle of the afternoon. My favorite event, back then, was the cage or the hamster roll or whatever they called it...I didn't see it tonight but, as I said, I wasn't always on that channel. Why? Well, because Cashmere Mafia sucks...and I had to keep going back to make sure. Most men out there would instinctively know this. I had to see it for myself. But maybe I'm wrong, what with the back and forth. Tivo, if you're out there, why don't you give me a job so I can form better opinions about shows I think suck?
On the other hand I (and please excuse the all capital letters) STRONGLY RECOMMEND you read The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. If the opening chapter doesn't grab you...well, there's something wrong with you....and! It's all true! Seriously. Read it.

1 comment:

Ted said...

American Gladiators used to be AWESOME, and it STILL IS.

They have actually managed not to muck up the old formula: real hits, cheesy spandex outfits, puny competitors against beefy genetic anomalies.

Plus, Wolf looks like Dave Snyder. Seriously, look it up.