Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Upperwestcrust

After the oyster lunch we bid adieu to our friend and headed to the uppermost regions of the west side to hang out with the boyfriend's sister and her boyfriend....who I am tempted to call the wiggy poet but am not sure if that would be taken in the way it is meant (which probably means I shouldn't say anything about it at all, too late). Upon our arrival I quickly fell into the many entertainment magazines lying about and caught up with Angelina's pregnancy, Jennifer and Vince's fading passion and Britney's heartache. Oh and Jessica's relief. After that I read more of the Freeland book then took a nap.
After the nap we ordered pizza and waited for one of the boyfriend's college buddies (my buddy as well) to come so we could play Catan with him. He arrived and we (the boyfriend, the buddy, the sister, the wiggy poet and the sister's roommate) played Catan. A good game won by the sister. The buddy had given me a wonderful gift of Knights and Cities of Catan which none of us had ever played before. We played a round of that which lasted until around 2 in the morning. The pizza was one sausage and bacon and one green pepper. I am so over Chicago style pizza.
The boyfriend's sister made banana pudding for dessert. I dislike bananas with a passion and was very grateful/touched that she made me a helping of simply vanilla pudding sans bananas. It was creamy to the nth degree. Mmmm, nth degree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the attitude of the b.f.'s sister, very thoughtful and accommodating.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.