Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sushi c/o New Tokyo

Last night the boyfriend and I went to New Tokyo (Briar and Broadway) for dinner before wine night. I was feeling like sushi, but I was also feeling a bit like something hot and lightly fried. I chose Bento Combination Box F (F is for fantastic). This box included one fried soft shell crab, california maki, salad, miso soup and one piece tuna, one piece salmon and one piece shrimp.
I love soft shell crabs. I cannot stress how deep my love is. You can eat the WHOLE thing, I mean what could be better? Nothing. And old spice doesn't have any part of it. It is totally not the season for soft shell crabs so I must assume that this little guy was frozen before being cooked for me. And you know what? I don't care, he was tasty...maybe a little over fried, but in a nice crispy way.
The boyfriend had the chirashi, which included white tuna.
And what kind of me would I be if I didn't have a side order of wasabi roe?
I'll tell you what kind---not at all right.

No comments: