Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Dim Sum c/o The Golden Unicorn


Back in the day the boyfriend and I would come into New York City and have dim sum at The Golden Unicorn (18 E. Broadway) and think it was the greatest ever...a restaurant with three floors dedicated to carts full of dumplings couldn't go wrong. But after numerous eats at Furama we both came to the conclusion that The Golden Unicorn is not, in fact, all that great. The dumplings were markedly colder, the shrimp dumplings smaller and certain items sparse in number compared to Furama. Two different cities, so this won't really apply to many people, but if you're trying to choose between dim sum at the unicorn or dim sum at Furama, go with Furama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO, Now I have to join you at Furama. My love for the Golden Unicorn was pretty great. Although I haven't been back in a few years. But does furama have the little ladies with the caps pushing the dumplings? I go for the floor show.