Thursday, January 19, 2006

Gymnasium Fears

So today I'm screwing up my courage to walk to the local gym and get a membership. For whatever reason I'm dragging my feet about it. I googled 'join a gym' and these are the images I found most interesting.
I think I'm reluctant to go for fear that they will be mean to me. Or snooty. Or too nice. Or will make me take a class on how to use the machinery and then they'll watch me get all sweaty while struggling to pass the test for rights to the stairmaster or some such thing.
Now I want to go to the gym and get all in shape for my big summer English racing plans/QM2 crusing. And I think I'm getting the forces together so that I would, in fact go, but it's this initial getting there that seems to paralyze me...I've never been very good at new things.

Just trying to work this out...hee hee...take away the 'this' and you get 'work out'.
Lame.

No comments: