Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Last night the boyfriend and I went and saw Brokeback Mountain. I liked it. Though I felt like, forgive me, there could have been a little more showing of their love. And I don't mean manlove kissy kissy as much as how their two personalities made for such an epic romance type picture. I just didn't exactly get what made either of them so drawn to the other...though I did watch it from beginning to end without tapping my foot, sighing or scoffing (which I did numerous times throughout The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe). So, you know, ignore me. The boyfriend pointed out time era consistencies--like modern day transformers on telephone poles and Heath Ledger's ear hole---both things I did not notice at all.

On our walk from the movie to our next destination we got to see a guy run around the corner and hail a police car pointing at a man following him and yelling about how he hit him. We walked away but got to see another police officer run towards us/past us with a wooden nightstick. He seemed pretty serious.

No comments: