Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Top Of The Rock

After lunch, our suit wearing friend showed us around his job's attraction. Below is the largest Swarovski chandelier ever. I learned that it's supposed to represent water...it also, if looked at from above, mimics the shape of the Rockefeller Center upside down. 'Mimic' is not actually the right word as much as it is 'designed' in the shape of the center upside down.
The elevator to the seventieth level of the building is really neat because when it starts moving it's ceiling becomes translucent and you can see how quickly and how far you are rising...the only drawback was the strange music and lightshow that went with the translucence. The view on the other hand had no drawbacks, it was rather incredible.
I took pictures of Central Park as well, but these two photographs (I played with my settings to make them look different oooh) seemed the best to me. Really quite incredible.

No comments: