Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Spanish Rice and Beans

Tonight I made a little dinner of Spanish Rice (no it didn't come from a bag)(actually to be honest, it did, it did in fact come from a bag), black beans with corn and steamed spinach. With a little side helping of avocado slices and a smattering of Vermont Cheddar cheese.

I went downtown to the loop today and got my U-Pass. Which is just revolutionary in my life...it allows me unlimited access to the public transportation system which would ordinarily cost me $2 a ride. I also met with the professor I'm the assisting this semester...and filled out paperwork in order to get paid for aforementioned assisting. This is all very exciting.

The beginning of a new semester is a tricky thing, especially with a break this long. I want it to start because I do want to continue with my work, have a routine and generally feel productive...but I also know the moment it does begin I'll suddenly have responsibilities and, like um, schoolwork and, uh, stuff. And the early semester enthusiasm never quite stays with me til the end. So what I'm trying to say is that I'm excited about classes starting, I only wish I could be confident that I will be as optimistic at the end of the semester as I am, say, right now.

Which is weird because it doesn't sound like I'm very optimistic. Crap.

No comments: