Saturday, January 07, 2006

Sauzio's Restaurant

After a wonderful weathered week in Georgia the boyfriend and I headed towards Huntsville, Alabama. Our progress was impeded by the death explosion of my faithful volvo...there wasn't any explosion as much as a bunch of shudders and rattling. All to say that we had hoped to leave at nine in the morning but didn't end up getting a rental car and going until closer to noon. My cousin and his wife were kind enough to let the boyfriend and I stay in their house in Huntsville, my parents came down and took us all out to dinner at a place called Sauzio's.
We had a spread of appetizers including the fried calamari, bruchetta and three mediterrenean dips. The father had oysters and shared them with a few of us, they weren't bad, but when we asked a number of the staff where the oysters came from these were the answers (in order):

1)The ocean
2)The kitchen
3)From the icy shores of the north Atlantic

Those kinds of answers do not instill one with any confidence as to the quality of the oyster nor of the competency of the waitstaff.
I had blue cheese salad (the dressing wasn't particularly good but it did have crispy prosciutto) and a crunchy roll....the crunchy roll was some attempt at sushi that looked pretty nice but I soon found that they weren't using sushi rice and that made the whole thing kind of blech.

No comments: