Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Planet Hollwood

The boyfriend left at four in the morning. I woke up around nine with only the vaguest plan for the day. I had considered going to the Museum of Radio and Television with a college friend because of the chance they would have episodes of The Swan...which I really need to watch for a story I'm working on...but then I thought maybe it would be better to go somewhere else. The somewhere else became easier to figure out when another college friend asked if we wanted to have lunch with him near Rockefeller Center. So for proximity's sake we headed to MOMA, but when we got there we learned that 'The Museum of Modern Art is closed today and every Tuesday'. This left us with approximately two and a half hours to kill before lunch. We spent this time wandering around in the bowels of the Rockefeller Center, drinking Starbucks chai, eating Sbarro pizza, searching for the Rockefeller tree (taken down yesterday), frowning at the unimpressive ice skating rink and generally wandering around. Though my friend did get a new pair of jeans at the Gap.
The friend we were meeting up with works for Top Of The Rock and wears suits. He has a professional relationship with someone at nearby Planet Hollywood, so we went there for a meal. We had the tostadas appetizer.
We also had the chicken crunch.
I had the turkey club.
It was all good in that way overpriced generic food can be....I only ate two out of my four sandwich wedges. If I had been eight or nine years old I would of loved it.

No comments: