Saturday, January 14, 2006

Snackies and Knitting

Tonight I attended a get together reminiscent of, but not technically, wine night. Along with a hot beverage called 'wassail' there was spinach dip, taquitos and a truly addictive artichoke dip. I confused the dip for hummus at first, but something wasn't quite right, so I looked at the container more closely and learned its true nature. Man, I'm not kidding, I went back to that dip on more occasions than I would like to admit. Anyways it was good to see the faces of wine night again (bowling ball headed or otherwise). I left a little early because I still haven't completely kicked a runny nose/cough type thing. Though I am on the mend (that goes to all y'all playas).
This is the scarf I'm making for the boyfriend. I thought two skeins would be enough but I was wrong and now must order more yarn from knit picks. The boyfriend's mother gave me a collection of knitting patterns in calendar form. I was looking through it and have decided I want to do the one called something like "Vegas Scarf". It's a scarf made my the roll of a dice and a flip of a coin and involves six different yarns and two different stitches for rows. A priority has now become buying a circular needle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your blog puts mine to shame.

www.livejournal.com/users/boxxo