Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cafe au Lait and Montreal Bagel c/o St. Viateur

There were many potential things on our food list that simply weren't gotten to due to the limited time we were in the city. I had considered, at one point, whether it would be a harbinger of an eating disorder if I vomited in order to free up space for more meals ... but I really don't care for puking so that never got out of the 'idea' phase. In any case, Saturday morning we had our final Montreal meal at St. Viateur bagels, because you can't go to Montreal and not have a Montreal-style bagel. Or that's what I've been told. I love how cafe au laits can come in giant bowls. Love it.
We actually were both given one and a half bagels, which seemed generous. I wish I could say that I practiced self control and only ate one ... but self control, as anyone who knows me knows, is not one of my virtues. I went with the chive cream cheese, I think ... and it was good.
On the way back to the hotel to pack up our stuff we went into a used bookstore where most all the books were in French. I took some time looking at their collection of bird books. I think what I want is a tattoo of a chicken in a cross-style of Audobon and Japanese wood carvings. Or some other bird. Maybe a blue bird. Problem is, of course, that I have no artistic ability to draw like that, and I feel like most tattoo artists would want a little more to go on. Or maybe not. It's all very unclear to me.

No comments: