Saturday, August 13, 2011

Arrival at Silver Lake

The last time I joined M. and A. for A.'s family's reunion, we were all staying in his aunt and uncle's house. This year M. and A. rented their own cabin. I was a complete idiot and forgot to take any photographs of the place, which really is a shame because it really had some charm to it. Oh well. We all make mistakes. After settling at the 'homestead' and waiting for A.'s arrival, we all headed over to the main headquarters to A.'s family's goings-on: B. and W.'s house. It was just as gorgeous as I remembered.

Dinner the first night M., A. and I sat with A.'s cousins and, hmmm, a few other folk. A. got to his seat through the window.

You know what I learned at this meal? That stuffed cabbage is delicious. I really didn't think that was a true thing, but it is. There was also an array of sausage. I tried blood sausage for the first time; I'm not going to lie, I didn't really care for it. The pierogie were also so much better than the Mrs T.'s variety I used to live on in college.
M. was briefly rewarded a crown. For what, I could not tell you.


No comments: